Mary Stevens Hospice Group Staff & Volunteer Privacy Notice
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information you share with us, in the process of applying to join us, and in your time volunteering or working with us.
By completing one of our application forms, and giving us the personal information requested, we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this statement.
For a fuller explanation please see the full Privacy Notice by clicking here.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal data that we may collect and process, as appropriate, through our recruitment and employment process may include, but is not limited to your:
- Contact details such as telephone number(s), email address and postal address
- Date of Birth
- Current and previous employment details, including salary details
- Academic background
- Marital Status
- Results of any pre-employment testing, such as psychometric testing
- Evidence of identity, such as national ID/passport etc.
- Immigration status and work permits
- Video or photographic images
We may also collect and process Special Category Data where it is relevant to the recruitment & employment process, including where it is necessary to accommodate any disability needs. Special category data we may ask for could include:
- Ethnic Origin
- Health Data
We also process Personal Data, provided by you in relation to third parties, when it relates to your application for employment or volunteering with Mary Stevens Hospice Group, such as details of your referees. Please ensure such individuals are informed and have given their agreement to you providing these details.
For salaried employees of Mary Stevens Hospice Group we will collect your bank details to enable your salary to be paid directly to you. We will also ask for an e-mail address to enable your payslip and other pay related forms (such as P60s) to be emailed to you with password protection. Certain personal details will be shared with other responsible agencies, e.g. HMRC and pension providers.
When Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
- When you submit an application to work or volunteer with Mary Stevens Hospice Group.
- During your period of employment or volunteering with the Mary Stevens Hospice Group.
- If you email us about a role we’re advertising, or speculatively about working or volunteering for us in general.
- Your personal information may be provided to Mary Stevens Hospice Group by recruitment agencies you have registered with.
- Personal information may also be collected about you from third parties during our recruitment process, such as references from previous employers.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Any personal information you give to us in the methods listed above will be processed for recruitment and employment purposes, which includes but is not limited to:
- To process your application, including to identify and contact you
- To determine whether you have the professional skills, expertise and experience for the position you have applied for
- If you are offered a paid or voluntary position with Mary Stevens Hospice Group, to verify the personal data provided, including your identity, address, right to work, employment history and academic background and other background screening purposes including, where allowed by law, criminal record checks
- To assist in the administration of Mary Stevens Hospice Group’s recruitment and employment processes, and compliance with related internal policies
If you are not subsequently employed or become a volunteer with The Mary Stevens Hospice Group the information you provide to us in the course of recruitment will be kept for a minimum of 6 months, after which time your information will be securely disposed of.
If you gain employment with The Mary Stevens Hospice Group or act in the capacity as a volunteer your information will be retained during the period of your employment/volunteering and for a pre-determined period after that period ends.
If you wish to know more, have any queries about this Notice or wish for any further information about how we process your data, please speak to the Privacy Officer (Gerry Crow) or contact us at:
Mary Stevens Hospice
221 Hagley Road
Call: 01384 443010
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office and can find information on how to do this at www.ico.org.uk