#GivingTuesday – Tuesday 29th November
Black Friday most noticably made the trip over the Atlantic a few years ago, and is seemingly here to stay. Hot on its tails came Cyber Monday and 4 days of n0n-stop shopping became an annual event.
However, when the dust settles and we sit and reflect on a weekend well-shopped, what then?
Giving Tuesday is a day of selflessness, generosity and giving, and in 2015 it saw a new World Record set for the most amount of money donated to charity in a 24-hour period.
Obviously, we think it’s a wonderful initiative and the fact that so many people worldwide have taken the opportunity to support the charities closest to their heart is just overwhelming to see.
So, if you’d like to take part in #GivingTuesday then you can do so in the following ways:
- If you’d like to donate money towards patient care here at the Hospice, please click: http://www.marystevenshospice.co.uk/donation/
- We are in urgent need of bottles and gifts to raffle off at our upcoming Christmas Coffee Morning, so if you have anything you can spare then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01384 377 778 or drop them into our fundraising office at 221 Hagley Road, Oldswinford, Stourbridge, DY8 2JR
- Our charity shops always gratefully receive donations, so if you have anything you’d like to donate then please click here to find your nearest branch: http://www.marystevenshospice.co.uk/get-involved/our-shops/
- You could come and volunteer a few hours of your time to help out with our day-to-day patient care here at the Hospice. Simply call 01384 443 010 or email Pauline at email@example.com
- Or to volunteer your time to come and help out at one of our events then please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01384 377 778 or click here for more information: http://www.marystevenshospice.co.uk/get-involved/volunteer/
If you can spare time, money or items for the Hospice then we would be incredibly grateful, as we rely almost solely on the generosity of our community, in order to care for local families when they need us the most.
Thank you in advance for your support, and Happy #GivingTuesday !!