Terms & Conditions
- All profits from the Mary Stevens Hospice Lottery go directly towards funding the hospice service which helps and supports adults and their families at no cost.
- All players must be aged 16 and over.
- New players will be sent a welcome letter advising of their unique game number that has been randomly selected by secure independent computer software.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique draw number. The draw will normally take place each Tuesday PM.
- Jackpot winners are contacted initially by phone (where possible), and all prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking with the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published on our website.
- Prizes are valid for six months from date of issue, and are despatched to the recorded members address on file. Replacement cheques can be issued only during this period. Unclaimed prizes after this time will be assumed as a donation to the Hospice and treated as such.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure address records are correct, changes can be informed in writing by letter or E-mail, but must be done so to the Lottery Office – not any other Dept. of the Hospice please.
- Accepted payment methods can be cash, direct debit, standing order, cheque or credit/debit card.
- The regular payment facility can be by standing order or by credit/debit card, standing order and Direct Debit. Your written authority is required to set up a regular payment using your credit/debit card. Card payments are usually debited from members accounts within two working days of the request.
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data as well as storing securely credit/debit card data for those members who pay regularly by that method. It will be appreciated by members that we cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, nor for any delays in the banking system.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at anytime although those received after 17.00 hours on a Monday evening may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. Please contact the office or email us. If you pay by a regular credit/debit card payment then you must cancel in writing providing us with your original card details.
- Where members cancel in credit, we will refund your full entitlement at the time of cancellation (subject to the ‘receiving before 17:00 hours Monday condition). This will be sent to the named member by cheque within seven working days or for credit card payers refunded to your credit card account within the same period.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription without giving reason and at our absolute discretion. It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- Any requests to be self excluded (as defined in the Gambling Act) from the Lottery can either be telephoned through to the office or completed via our website. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of six months thereafter.
- All prizes (including any special Draw prizes) will be selected by independent computer software and are recorded on the member account. Your account can be checked at any time during working hours by contacting our office.
The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that we have a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are aged 16, or over, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play our lottery. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. We will where appropriate carry out checks to verify this requirement including if necessary seeking confirmation from relevant agencies who can provide such information.
We are a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association, which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust (operatin at GambleAware), an organisation set up with the sole aim of promoting and encouraging responsible gambling.
The Hospice Lotteries Association website www.hospicelotteries.co.uk has a page dedicated to GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can be found on the Gamble Aware website www.begambleaware.org
The Mary Stevens Hospice Lottery is committed to using lotteries and raffles to fundraise responsibly in order to help raise over £2.8 million each year to run the two hospice houses.
If anyone is concerned about gambling, or would like to access support if needed, further information can be found through the Gamble Aware website at www.begambleaware.org. Alternatively, you can contact Gamcare at www.gamcare.org.uk – 0808 8020 133.
All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our procedure, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office. In the event a complaint or dispute can not be resolved then it may be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this being The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS).
We reserve the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Mary Stevens Hospice Lottery Limited is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4987
Registered Charity No. 517656. Lottery No 000-004987-R-302108-004.
Promoter: Mary Stevens Hospice Lottery Ltd.
Please call the Lottery Team on 01384 860011 should you have any queries.
Mary Stevens Hospice Lottery Ltd is licensed by The Gambling Commission
It is an offence for persons under the age of 16 to enter a lottery, therefore players must be 16 or over.
For help, support and advice visit www.begambleaware.org