Current vacancies at the Mary Stevens Hospice
Job Title: Estates & Facilities Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours (Plus On-Call Duties)
Reporting to: Matron
Please send CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 20/08/2017
Responsible for the operational site management of hospice premises within the Hagley Road site.
Ensuring that the land and buildings remain compliant, safe, secure and suitable for the purpose they are being used.
Managing the resources dedicated to the Estates & Facilities Department.
Key Tasks / Duties and Responsibilities:
- The line management, recruitment and training of the Estates & Facilities Team (including any volunteers working for the team).
- The development, performance and timely reporting of both internal and external Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and updating of PPM schedules.
- Maintaining and managing the Hospice’s infrastructure systems and the implementation and updating of the MSH Asset Management Plan.
- To be aware of changes in legislation, the impact that they have on the hospice and actively review the PPM schedules and Estates Policies to ensure they remain appropriate and compliant.
- Inspecting buildings, ground and gardens’ structures to determine the need for repairs, renovations and ensuring the maintenance arrangements in place are adequate and sufficient to meet the standards required.
- Production of an annual costed maintenance plan for the Hospice, prioritising the areas to be maintained and ensuring the buildings are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that health and safety legislation requirements are met and that Health and Safety policies/practices are adopted, adhered to and reviewed appropriately.
- Lead small projects; planning and monitoring overall progress, managing risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate to ensure projects are executed within the agreed time, cost and specification.
- Site security.
- The timely review of utilities and third party services provided to the Hospice to ensure that the recommended suppliers represent best value for money.
Skills and Experience (Full details on Person Specification):
- M&E Qualification
- H&S Trained to NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Knowledge of building trades and services
- Experience in Fire Officer and Duties and business continuity planning
- Experience in management of hard and soft services delivery in a small business environment.
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Experience of contract tender and selection process
- Experience of procurement and budget management
- Experience of report writing and presentation
- To work as a positive team member at all times.
- To undertake appropriate personal development whilst maintaining and developing skills/ knowledge as determined by an annual review; subject to the availability of resources.
- To work as part of the Income Generation Team, cooperating with and assisting each other when necessary.
- To Contribute to and deliver against annual budgets and plans.
- To monitor own role and function within the Hospice and to monitor own objectives set.
- To undertake and comply with training.
- To comply with all Mary Stevens Hospice Policies and Procedures.
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate to role and experience.
This job description is not exhaustive and the nature of the Hospice requires that you are flexible in your approach to work and you may be required to undertake such reasonable additional duties as is required from time to time.
Person Specification: Estates and Facilities Manager
|Education/Qualifications||Ø 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent
Ø H&S Trained to NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Ø Experience in Fire Officer and Duties and business continuity planning
|Ø M&E Qualification
Ø BIFM (or equivalent) Diploma in Facilities Management/H&S
Ø ILM (or equivalent) certificate in management or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
Ø Prince 2 (or equivalent) Project Management Qualification
Ø Level 3 Food Hygiene and Safety certificate
|Previous Experience||Ø Experience in management of hard and soft services delivery in a small business environment.
Ø Proven experience of leading a team
Ø Experience of contract tender and selection process
Ø Experience of procurement and budget management
Ø Experience of report writing and presentation
|Ø 3-5 years’ experience in management of hard and soft services delivery to a health organisation
Ø Experience of managing catering services
Ø Experience of project management
Ø Experience of working in a healthcare environment
|Skills, Knowledge & Abilities||Ø Knowledge of building trades and services
Ø Understanding of Estates Legislation and the ability to keep up to date, and react to changes
Ø Ability to motivate and manage staff
Ø Awareness of Fire Legislation
Ø Awareness of health and safety procedures and how they affect people in the workplace
Ø Understanding of audit, evaluation and monitoring processes
Ø Good written and verbal communication skills including presentation and teaching skills
Ø IT literate and ability to use full Microsoft Office Suite
Ø Demonstrable skills of persuasion and influence in developing and strengthening relationships with service providers.
Ø Ability to communicate on a technical level with experts such as Fire Safety Officers, specialist equipment suppliers, builders, etc.
|Ø Hands on Trade / Skills(s) qualification
Ø An understanding of security requirements, data protection and confidentiality
|Attitudes, Aptitudes & Personal Characteristics
|Ø Flexible approach to work
Ø Ability to work independently and as member of the team
Ø Ability to plan workload of self and others
Ø Approachable and adaptable with a flexible approach to work
Ø Prepared to undertake own training and development necessary for the role
Ø Driving licence and access to own vehicle