Current vacancies at the Mary Stevens Hospice
Community Events Assistant
Job Title: Community Events Assistant
Hours: 22.5 Hours
Salary: £17,000 pro rata (£10,200 per annum)
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Fundraising & Lottery
Closing Date: Friday 6th September 2019
How to apply: Email your CV to: email@example.com
To work with the Income Generation Team to develop and implement a programme of Community Engagement events in order to maximise income. To work closely with the Deputy Head of Fundraising to support the current Fundraising events within the calendar and develop new community focused events. To work closely with hospice clinical team to maximize income generation capacity. To develop links within the local community whilst raising the profile of The Mary Stevens Hospice and identifying fundraising opportunities.
The post requires the incumbent to work under his/her own initiative, prioritising and planning. The post may involve evening and weekend work.
Key Task / Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support and develop fundraising events in the local community
- To build current established events that take place within the Hospice Grounds
- To build relationships with new supporters and nurture existing relationships.
- Assist the Deputy Head of Fundraising with the Hospice Events Calendar
- To ensure all procedures in use throughout the Income Generation Team are in full compliance with Gambling Commission Regulations.
- To maintain a good working knowledge of Donorflex operations.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of excellence in personal customer service essential – for example from previous employment with a charity, retail or professional services organisation.
- Strong I.T. skills essential – including MS Word, use of Excel for sifting/reporting data and any experience with PowerPoint would be advantageous
- Flexible, reliable and a ‘can do’ attitude to be able to support colleagues and the community with occasional evening or weekend events.
- An understanding of the services of the Hospice and knowledge of the local community that Mary Stevens serves is desirable.
- Personal involvement in successful fundraising events would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of some of the legal and compliance elements involved with fundraising would be advantageous but not essential as appropriate training will be available.
- To work as a positive team member at all times.
- To undertake appropriate personal development whilst maintaining and developing skills/ knowledge as determined by an annual review; subject to the availability of resources.
- To work as part of the Income Generation Team, cooperating with and assisting each other when necessary.
- Actively support Hospice Income Generation events.
- To Contribute to and deliver against annual budgets and plans.
- To monitor own role and function within the Hospice and to monitor own objectives set.
- To undertake and comply with training.
- To comply with all Mary Stevens Hospice Policies and Procedures.
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate to role and experience.
The job description is not exhaustive and the nature of the Hospice requires that you are flexible in your approach to work and you may be required to undertake such reasonable additional duties as is required from time to time.